This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July 10, 2011


Things have been getting much better this week.  Everything seems to be improving actually.  I've had much more joy.  We've also been able to talk Sister Alico into making a few exceptions with her sugar rule.  Ha ha.  Ice cream is always better when you have to wait a few weeks for it.  Then we've found a few of our own exceptions too.  We have a clause in the agreement that we can eat sweet things if members offer them to us, so that we don't offend anyone.  I think we should let more members know about that, because they can be very good at feeding guests.  That's a really cool thing in Russian culture.  When you have guests, you find the very best things that you have, and pressure the guests until they accept them.  Thanks Slava for knowing how it's done!  We owe ya one.  ;)

Our investigator is progressing really well for baptism.  He has grown much more comfortable with praying, and has such a great, sincere, childlike faith.  I love it.  The other day, in the middle of a lesson he started to say something, but then stopped.  We asked him what it was, and he tried the "aww, don't worry about it, I'll ask you later."  When we finally got him to ask the question that's been on his mind, it came out about like this: "What are the commandments that I should be keeping?  I want to do what's right, but I just don't know what the commandments are."  So cool!  We explained that we'll take care of that in the next couple lessons, and he was really thankful.  Can you imagine what it would be like to have faith like that?  Not asking "do I really have to keep that?" but instead "what else can I do to please Heavenly Father?" 

Commandments are such a great gift.  They are makers along the trail of happiness, leading us back to Father.  He gives them to us to show us how we can be more like him.  He has perfect joy, and wants the same thing for us.  Too many times we see them as "rules" or "barriers" that keep us from doing what we want to do, but that isn't right at all.  They're blessings that help us to remain free from bondage and suffering. 

Keep the commandments, keep the commandments, in this there is safety, in this there is peace.  He will send blessings, he will send blessings...in this there is safety and peace.  (I'm impressed that I remembered that much, I don't think I've heard that song since Primary)

What a great blessing obedience is.  Through obedience we can become united with each other, and with our Heavenly Father as well. 

Well those are just a few of the thoughts that I had this week.  Hope you are all doing well and enjoyed your 4th of July.  We called Sister Rahi last Monday night, because the 4th of July is her favorite, and made my bug zapper racket go off a bunch and told her that it was the closest we could get to fireworks for her.  Made her day.  Haha, I love it. 

Well have a great week.  Happy Birthday Daniel, and good luck with the wedding Tris!  Congrats!  Hope nothing....big...goes wrong.  ;D 

Love ya'll,

Elder Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment