This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

March 13 Serenading Tsunamis


Oh my crazy week!  Who'd o' thunk I'd be in a Tsunami danger zone on my mission in Russia?  Those things don't usually go together in my mind.  We could feel the earthquake and weren't sure what was going on, I actually got knocked off my feet...but then people started to tell us the news as Friday evening went on and into Saturday that there had been a big earthquake off of Japan.  Our District Leader called us and said "I just got off the phone with President Pratt, make sure to pray and if things get crazy get to high ground."  I'll be honest, I didn't take it very seriously at first...

Ok so I never ended up taking it seriously.  I didn't feel any earthquake, although I did get knocked to the ground, but that's just cause I'm clumzy on ice.  I pulled my calf when I fell and it hurt for like two days.  (Earthquake injury)  Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is 50 Kilometers inland and there are other islands blocking the way of tsunamis from affecting us really at all.  I heard that the island did actually get a little bit of the tsunami wave a little south of us, but no one lives there, actually there isn't really anything there at all, so no worries at all.  Thanks for your extra prayers though and concern.  Maybe I'll get a few extra letters out of this or something, huh?  Everything is just fine here.  No worries.  Keep praying for those who are suffering in Japan.  I know the Lord will answer and bless that and surrounding nations.

Serenading...not something I had planned to do much of on my mission...but you know me...  There's a saying around here that goes like this: "Things that just don't happen...happen in Russia."  Add that to the fact that I'm me...and it shouldn't even be surprizing that I, along with other missionaries, sang a song of love to the women in our Branch to congratulate them for Women's Day.  Something about 'wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you..."  Sweet huh? 


We saw a cool miracle this week as we had fasted for the softening of the heart of our investigators' mother.  When we began planning for baptism of her 9 year old twins, she wasn't exactly supportive. (Big understatement)  Their dad has a great testimony of the Gospel, but has a few things holding him back from baptism still, and knows how important it is for his children to be raised in the Gospel.  To make a long story short after fasting and praying, and singing a love song, we got permission from both parents and should have a double (actually triple) baptism at the end of this month.  The Lord has softened much harder hearts in the past, so of course we can expect to see miracles in our day.  I'm really thankful to be able to see the work that the Lord does among his children and be a witness for his name. 

Keep praying for the hearts of the unbelievers to be softened so that they can experience the joys that only the Restored Gospel can bring.  That is something that we, all over Eastern Europe have been mentioning in each and every prayer since the beginning of the year.  There are all kinds of great blessings coming from our diligent prayers and the work that it takes to bring the miracles into fulfillment. 

Pray for the blessing, work for the blessing, recieve the blessing, and give thanks for the blessing. 

Love you all,
Elder Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment