This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feb 13, 2011


What do missionaries do on Valentine's Day?  That's a good question.  I guess we do about the same things as every day, we just feel a little more awkward doing it.  Remember in 2nd grade when you had to go through the conversation hearts to make sure that you weren't giving out the ones that said "Kiss me" or anything like that to someone who would take it the wrong way, or you had to be careful who you gave what valentine card to.  I kind of feel like that again.  It's weird.  I'll just have to be careful I guess.  Haha.

We had another great baptism this week.  Aleftina, who is 73 years old was baptised on Saturday.  She is great.  She really loves Elder Miller, and always calls him Sunshine and stuff like that...I love it.  She worked for 35 years in a big bread bakery, and taught us how to make bread this week.  It was really cool and I remember basically nothing.  :D  I did get to knead one of the loafs though, so basically I am a master.  I used my new kneading skills to make tortillas later during the week, they were actually good, but kinda too crispy, so I'll have to figure out how to make them softer. 

 The Pratts and the Severyukins (counsilor in the Mission Presidency, from Sakhalin) came for Branch Conference this weekend.  It was great.  We had 54 people at Church, which is more than we've had in a really long time.  I guess it helps to have a bunch of guests.  Elder Spjut was released as Branch President, effective next week when transfers happen.  He has done a great job with everything and has already served longer than most Missionary/Branch Presidents that we've had recently.  That is a whole lot of work.  The Branch here will really miss him. 

 In the Book of Mormon I was reading about Alma and Amulek lately, and the work that they did in Ammonihah.  Their experience helps me to realize that I don't have it so bad.  At least nobody has started burning believers and their scriptures yet!  :D  My mission is great and we see cool successes and miracles all the time. 

This week we had a Branch Missionary Night.  It was sweet!  I played Noah, Alma, and a kid who bribed his teacher for an "A".  It was way fun.  I'll have to track down some pictures of it sometime, because I didn't have my camera.  Oh well. 

Well have a great week.

Love,
Elder Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment