This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Я люблю вас всё!

Hi all!

Life is so great. I really can't think of much to say this week, everyday seems to be about the same as the day before...only with more and more Russian.  Its weird to me to be one of the old-timers here at the MTC now. All of the missionaries who are english speaking who came in the same time as me are all ready gone, some of them have been gone for a week already. Only a month and a half to go for me! Haha.

The more I study the more I realize that I still have to learn; both in Russian and in the Gospel as well. But its great to see the blessings of the Lord coming into my life and helping me to do things that I would never be able to do without Him.

The other missionaries in my district are great guys. Elder Liljenquist is from Tennessee, Elder Brightwell from Salt Lake, Elder Hughes from Omaha, Elder Field from Aberdeen WA, Elder Sodja from Latyon, Elder Thelman from Joseph City AZ, and my companion Elder Kildew is from Yorktown VA. Its really a pretty diverse group, but the Lord definitely put us together for a reason. We're learning a lot of great things with, and from each other. Everyone other than Kildew, Thelman, and myself are going to Novosibiersk, in the heart of Siberia; while the three of us are going to Vladivostok, on the eastern coast.

Last week's devotional speaker was Elder L. Tom Perry. He has so much love, you can tell just by looking at him. He is the 3rd most senior Apostle in the Church right now, and is just a great speaker and man. It was great to sit and listen at the feet of an Apostle, and hear what the Lord wants us to know as Missionaries. He told us that we are the greatest group of missionaries the Lord has called in this dispensation; I'm still trying to fight off the pride from that statement. Just kidding...but seriously.

For Halloween we learned a valuable lesson...don't drink too much applejuice at once. Friday night we drank 63 glasses of apple juice between the 8 of us at dinner...and a few Elders weren't feeling very well so they didn't drink much. I did my part by drinking 10 glasses...bad idea. So if anyone ever challenges you to drink a large amount of apple juice in a small amount of time...tell them no. You learned from Elder Fife that its not worth it. Lesson learned.

A week from now I will be in the oldest district of Russian speaking missionaries at the MTC. That's a weird thought. I'm still a newbie! It feels like yesterday that I came in! Good times though.

Pray for me, write me, and may your faith in Jesus Christ continue to grow. As it does share it, bless the lives of others all around you. Your life will be better for it, I promise.

Love you all,
Старейшина Файф

Бог жив. Я знаю ето истина!

No comments:

Post a Comment