This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Could life get better? ...only in Russia

So this week has been great. We're getting all ready to welcome the new group of missionaries who will be learning Russian, (they come in tomorrow) and there are three native Russian sisters who will be here ometime tonight. I'm really excited for that. It will be good to have some new faces in all the places we go. Maybe I'll even be able to teach them a thing or two. (Pretty good joke huh?)

Tomorrow I'll be there ready and waiting at the curb when new missionaries arive so that I can show them around and help them find their dorm rooms and classrooms. It takes a big chunk out of our class and study time, but it will be good to help missionaries start adjusting to life as a Representative of Christ. It should be a good time.

So on Mormon.org there is a place where you can "ask a question" about the Church, and chat with Church Representatives. You can also call in with questions or to request free Books of Mormon, Bibles, or videos produced by the Church. For an hour and a half on Friday mornings...that's me on the other end of the line or chat. Its a really good time. We've had some amazing experiences answering questions about the Church. One of the men Elder Brightwell chatted with one of the first weeks we were here is being baptized next week, and Elder Brightwell was his first contact with the Church.

This week I had a fun time taking calls and chats. The first call I got was from a nice Baptist woman from California who thought she was paying a bill...she had no idea what was coming. Haha. You know how
I am? What could have been a quick "Wrong number. Sorry, bye" conversation ended with her having the missionaries on their way to her house to deliver a Book of Mormon and answer questions that she might have about the Lord and His plan for us. I really hope that she has a good experience learning about the Gospel and makes the decision to come to Christ and follow His teachings. What a great opportunity!
Good times!

So watch out when you try to pay your bills...you just might be calling the Mormons. I think we're only 1 digit off of the Direct TV helpline...That's a big blessing for their customers. :D And its a good thing too, because everyone needs the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their life. Nothing else brings joy like following the Lord and learning from living prophets who have continuing revelation. Try it, you'll get hooked.

Well my time to write is almost up. Thank you to all those who wrote me this week. Letters are wonderful. If you want to know just how good they are to me take a look at Proverbs 25:25. They're THAT good. :D Solomon knew what he was talking about.

I decided that I'd include in my letters (until I get bored of it at least) a short quiz about Russian culture...or whatever other fun things I decide to include. So the first person to get the answer to me...wins. What is the prize? Lots of...satisfaction. DearElder.com jis a prime way to write with your answers and letters...it'll make my day everytime.

So the question of the week....Which of these things is appropriate to do in Russia
A. Sit on rocks
B. Shake hands through a doorway
C. Say "Be healthy" as a greeting
D. Set books on the ground

Good luck in everything you're doing, send my love to everyone you see. Pray for me, do what's right, be good. :D

Love,
Elder Sam Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment