This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Peace out America!!!

So 3 days from now I'll be in Korea or something cool like that. Pretty sweet huh? I really don't know what to write about this week, I know a little more Russian than I did last week...I've read some more scriptures. It is really weird that I'm actually not going to be in the MTC anymore after Thursday. I think it's time for that though. I've made so many great friends here and learned so much about the doctrine of Christ and the ways that I should teach it.

This week while I was working on the mormon.org chat I was SO upset. The missionaries who I've been serving with had never seen me angry before, so this was a fun new experience for them. I guess it wasn't
really anger....but I wasn't too thrilled I guess. After talking to this man on chat for like an hour he informed me that I needed to be reached, like he had after 40 years of membership in the Church, so that I could learn what is really true. I really didn't take well to the way that he had pretended to be "interested in learning more about the Church and what we believe" or the baited questions with the Bible-bashing scriptures trying to get me to see things his way. It really was a frustrating situation and I kind of let him have it...in a loving way, if that was possible. Afterwords though I really got to thinking about him, and I really wish there were some way I could have helped him to renew his sensitivity to the Spirit so that he could learn, the way that I have learned, that this really is the true Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. Maybe someday.

So after I typed that experience all out I remembered that it wasn't this week...but a week and a half ago...oh well, I don't have time to type anything else; which is unfortunate because I had kind of a cool turn-around experience this week. Oh well.

So I may have had a sort of...sports injury this week...but I'm not going to talk to the doctors here about it because I really want to be in Russia in a couple days. I'm not really going to go into details, but suffice it to say that we were playing volleyball...I got the point...and I finished the game. Good times. I'll tell you more
about it on the phone in a couple of days, Mom. It's way cool. :D

Well for all of those who want to write me, or expect to hear from me personally...good luck. After this week I really don't know how well I'll be able to write anyone. I'll find out what my emailing rules are when I get to Vladivostok.

So I hope that everyone is having a great Christmas season. This is such a great time to think about the Savior and remember the miracle of His birth. In Russian we sing the hymn a lot "What Child is This?" It is cool in English...but in Russian, so great! It isn't even in the hymnbook in English, or Ukrainian, but we love it in Russia.

I love you all, wish me luck on my flight.

Love,
Elder Fife



Here is how to write Samuel now:
Pouch mail

Elder Samuel Fife
Russia Vladivostok Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT
84130-0150
USA

only postcards and letters that are on a single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes) If this is abused it could be discontinued.

Mission home address - for packages and mail in envelopes
Elder Samuel Fife
Russia Vladivostok Mission
U1. Mordovtseva 3, 4th Floor
Vladivostok
Primorskiy kray 690000
Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment