This page is managed by Sam's sister Trista...do not think that he is spending his mission Blogging :) He just has the best sister in the world!

Hope you enjoy reading...

I will copy and send all comments to Sam :)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

С Днём Благодарения!


 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  So I have a chance of getting Turkey this year...but it still isn't for sure.  So there's this rumor (that I started) that Country Pizza is doing a Thanksgiving Dinner, with Turkey and stuffing and everything Thanksgiving-ish.  The owner told me that he was planning on having an American food week...and asked me for some input.  I then proceeded to teach him how to make a grilled cheese...that would be such a hit.  I'm going to have to start Sam's Sandwich Shack someday and just have grilled cheese or something, none of this healthy Subway stuff...     So yeah, maybe he'll have turkey.  If not, we are going to Vlad on Friday to eat some tasty Sister Pratt cooking.  That will be good no matter what, so it will be a great holiday.  We have so much to be thankful for. 

So we met with Alexander on Monday in his office...turns out he doesn't just work at this uniform store...he owns the entire chain.  They go all the way from here to central Siberia.  In his office he has a lounge...with the best massage chair I have ever seen in my life.  Of course I tried it out!  Did you really have to ask yourself that question?  It was great.  I woke up the next morning and my back actually didn't feel terrible, better than any other time on my mission.  I'm going to have to make a lot of visits to that Corporate Office!  We haven't been able to meet up with him again since then because work is super busy, but it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  How do I find these people?...just lucky I guess. 

I heard that at home there's lots of snow and road closure and stuff...that's pretty crazy.  Here it's warm.  Actually when I woke up during the night it was raining...weird huh?  And they're saying this is supposed to be one of the coldest winters ever...I guess we'll see when that kicks in.  Right now it's just muddy and there are puddles everywhere. 

 The talent show...was fun.  One of the eternal investigators here is a DJ, or at least he thinks he is.  I can't decide if it's for real or not actually...but he brought some stuff and sang some crazy Russian songs that all the Relief Society sisters were singing and dancing too...I have some cool videos.  We ended up, after much difficulty, deciding to lip sink to an EFY song called "Shine the Light."  It turned out really funny and all the Elders in my District participated, I was proud of them for not just pretending not to know or accept me...the thought crossed each of their minds.  Ha ha.  It was a way sweet talent show.  Elder Gmeiner refused to sing the song that I wrote to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" which tells the story of the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving...maybe I'll be able to pull that off at our holiday celebrations or something I guess. 

 So those are some of the adventures that I have been up to lately...Elder Gmeiner has been feeling sick lately, so I decided to deep clean the apartment this morning while he slept.  It feels so good to live in a clean place, but now I want to rearrange everything too...the Life of Fife continues... 

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone, and get an extra cool touchdown playing football on Thanksgiving for me, also enjoy the turkey.  Much love,

Elder Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment